Sunday, September 1, 2013

The beginning of the way

It's interesting to think about how we get from point A to point B, and how much we miss along the way that we might not even realize we're missing. 


2013 has been a year of interesting journeys for me, and I think the most important thing I've begun to practice is living in each and every moment. It's so easy to forget the pathway and focus on the end result. For the past month or so, everyone has been asking me the same question: Are you excited for your trip? My answer has always been the same: Yeah. I am excited, but I didn't throw away precious moments in life thinking about my upcoming travels. Northern Michigan is the most beautiful place in the world, and I wasn't about to waste it dwelling on the future. 


My journey to Santiago de Compostela began yesterday morning in Traverse City, Michigan. I enjoyed the time I had with my parents while we ate lunch, reminiscing about my Grandpa and the triangle peg game from Cracker Barrel. On the train ride to Chicago, I relaxed and read the newspaper- a luxury I rarely afford myself. I got to spend the day and evening with some great friends in Chicago, and this morning got to sleep in  and leisurely enjoy my coffee. Yes, I'm excited for my trip, but I'm in no hurry to get there. Instead, I'm wringing every last drop out of life and savoring the amazing moments that I am lucky enough to experience.

K
Chicago, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment